Happy Birthday - Layered Cake

Hello,

Today I'm sharing a card that I made for a dear friend Akshma for her birthday.

I used the Let's Party stampset from Mudra. I so love these stamps and the images are so pretty, you get a lot of options and ideas to go with!! So I wanted to try a layered effect this time. Here it is!! :)


I started by stamping the lovely cake 4 times onto Beilo cardstock, one being the main panel.



Did you notice the crisp images? Isn't the stamp awesome?!

I've then colored the stamps using Fuji watercolor transparent folios.

The images are then fussy cut, layer by layer. The below image should be good to understand.


I've then attached these layers one by one to the main panel image. Once that is done, the cake has got a pretty layered effect :)



I've then stamped various elements using the same stampset, along with Winnie and Walter - Party Hangover stamp set. I've used distress inks for stamping and coloring.

The next embellishment is the crochet trim I bought from Itsy Bitsy. Love how it blended with the card. I also stamped the sentiment onto a pink distressed cs using Versafine Onyx Black ink.



Added a glass cabochon for more interest to the sentiment. Finally finished by mounting the panel to the base cs. The card is done!!

Oh wait! There is some more! Do you want to see the inside of the card? There you go!



I made this simple popup of flowers following a tutorial on instructables. I stamped the inside of the flower using one from MME - Lost and Found stamp set.



Linking the card to,
1. PABD - Challenge #8 - Layers
2. PCM Challenges - July - Birthday
3. Cards Galore - Create your own sunshine
4. LPOCF - #37
5. CraftStamper - Take It Make It July

Thanks for stopping by, hope you like my card! Do let me know your feedback!
Have a nice day :)

Comments

  1. Yayy i received this gorgeous card.thanku so much ka for the lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome dear :) Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. wow! your dimension on here just rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun project. Love the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun!!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Simon Says Stamp this week.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card!!! and nice colouring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Karthika! Akshama must be thrilled!!! Beautiful colouring and I just love the flower burst inside!!Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and I love that there is a surprise on the inside too!Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Anything Goes ! Good Luck! Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and the dimensions look fantastic! Thank you so much for entering the Anything Goes challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Happy crafting,
    AngelaTTCRD DT
    Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous fun design. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card..love the inside too..thank you for joining us at peekaboo challenge
    Daksha Popat
    Peekaboo design team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card dear Karthikha and when I saw the inside, I went wow! Awesome!!! :) Thank you so much for playing along Challenge #8 over at Peek-a-Boo Designs!
    All the best! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular