Window Weaving Card

Hello,

Today's card is my homework for Online Card Classes - Spring Card Camp 2, with the Day 20 technique by Jennifer McGuire - Window Weaving. It is a super fun technique and I did this along with my 5-year-old daughter :) She chose the colors and patterns to go with.



So Bhuvi wanted to make a heart window as in the tutorial, and she chose a candy patterned paper in red and green. We cut them to strips and weaved the pattern in the heart window :) I matted them with pink and red layers, and to add interest, made the window a shaker too! I added a red heart frame die-cut over the window. I then layered the die-cut word 'hugs' from Altenew's Script words die set, using pink and red cardstock. I offset the top layers a little to the side to allow the pink to show through. I then completed the card using some sequins.




Linking to,
1. Crafty Catz #508
2. Crafty Hazelnut's PP - May
3. Creative Fingers #187
4. Krafty Chicks #509
5. Pixie's Snippets Playground #379
6. Polkadoodle Week #22
7. Sisterhood of Crafters - Shakers are my fav!!
8. SSS Wed Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by, hope you like my card! Do let me know your feedback! Have a nice day :)

Comments

  1. This is a brilliant idea and the outcome is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the weaved heart it looks so pretty. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card, the colors the background in the heart, beautiful. Thank you for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT/KC

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is awesome ... I struggle with shakers! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant card and such a great technique for using up snippet strips. Great to take it that stp further and make a shaker too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us over at Creative Fingers Challenge blog. Such a beautiful card! Georgia DT for Creative Fingers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular