DIY Mason Jar Luminary

Hello crafty friends,

I love this new #merakiversary release so much, that I made another home decor item - a snowy mason jar luminary! I know it's too early, but it is perfect for Christmas! :)


I started by creating the snowy mason jar first. All it needs are Epsom salt, mod podge, and some glitter. I mixed Epsom salt and glitter in a bowl and added some iridescent chunky glitter. I applied mod podge over the mason jar and sprinkled the mixture till the jar is fully coated. Tap off the excess and let it dry for a couple of hours. 


While it dries, I die-cut 2 layers of Canopy Leaf die from green cardstock and 1 layer from gold cardstock. I adhered the 2 green layers for dimension and offset the gold die-cut a little behind the green layers. I then die-cut the same leaf from red cardstock but used it just for the berries. I then adhered the leaves to the jar using hot glue and added some jute twine with a bow around the neck to finish it. Here is a closer look.



Just add a tea-light candle to the jar and your DIY luminary is complete! :)

Thank you for stopping by, hope you like my creation! Do let me know your feedback! Have a nice day :)

Comments

Popular