Easel Card With Spinner - Trendy Circles

Hello

I'm back again at Crafty Meraki blog today with a new interactive card - an easel card along with a spinner. And I've used only one stamp set to make this - Trendy Circles from Altenew.


Watch the video first to understand how this card works :)

I'm a fan of patterned papers and I love to create my own using stamps and emboss resist technique. I started by stamping 3 circle images from the stamp set, using Versamark ink onto white cardstock. I went row by row, repeating the stamping, and heat embossing them in white. Once the heat embossing was completed, I've blended distress inks in a random fashion. I've used only 3 colors - Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry, and Mustard Seed. This is one of my fav combinations, the blending also results in green and purple shades. Wipe the panel using a dry cloth to highlight the white embossing. I created 2 panels for the easel card, each measuring 4.75 x 4.75 inches. 


I then made a square easel card using black cardstock, of size 5x5 inches. I've trimmed the patterned panels as required and attached them to the easel card base. The next step is to get the spinning element ready. I've stamped the bigger circle image twice, heat embossed in white, blended one image in blue and the other in pink and yellow, and fussy cut them out. Sandwiching a thread in between, glue the 2 circles together. 


Next, the spinner element needs a frame to spin within. I've created this frame using a nested stitched circle die set, out of black cardstock. Choose a couple of sizes bigger than the spinning circle, so that it can move freely. Stretch the thread through the frame and adhere using strong glue. I've doubled up the frame as well, to hold the thread in place and be sturdy. 


Out of the 2 dies used to create the circle frame, I took the smaller circle and die-cut from the easel folding portion, at the center. This provides the window to attach the frame. I then glued only the bottom portion of the frame to the easel card, to make sure the spinner stands when the easel card is set. I hope the steps are clear to understand if you watch the video! :)


For the easel stopper, I used a sentiment from the same stamp set, heat embossed in white on black cardstock and die-cut it using a circle die. I've adhered it right behind the spinning circle image, using foam tape. I also added a few jewels on the circle frame for some sparkle. To finish the card, I needed a space to add a personal message, so created another black square notecard and adhered to the base of the easel card.


Linking to,
1. Ikesworld #133
2. Carlin's Kaarten Paradijs #24
3. CCK Digi Stamps - Jul
4. Lemon Shortbread #123
5. LTSCB #135
6. QKR Stampede #401
7. Sweet Stampin - Create Your Own Background
8. SSS Wed - Bright and Cheerful
9. A Bit More Time to Craft #119
10. A Perfect Time to Craft #7
11. Classic Design Challenge #7
12. Country View Challenges - Jul
13. Craft-dee Bowz - Jul
14. Cards Galore Encore #77
15. Crafty Creations #411
16. Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
17. LTCCB #48
18. MIUCB #39 - Emboss Resist Technique, Fancy Fold Design
19. Morgan's Artworld #7
20. The Crafting Challenge - Jul
21. TTCRD Week of 30 Jun
22. Word Art Wed Weeks #446-#447
23. World Wide Open DT #6
24. The Paper Shelter #434

Thank you for stopping by, hope you like my creation! Do let me know your feedback! Have a nice day :)

Comments

  1. Awesome card. I like the stamps you used. The colors are so pretty and the card design is awesome. I love it. Beautiful . Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great card you have made. Thanks for the tutorial and also thanks for joining the Challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
    Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really clever design and a great card.

    Thanks for joining us at the Ike's World Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Fabulous stamping and colours- such a beautiful design!
      Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week.
      Chris
      x

      Delete
  4. A wonderfully colourful card and a really clever design.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore July Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous easel card!
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your easel card is so beautiful.
    Lovely background.
    Thank you for joining us at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs challenge.
    Good Luck !
    Carla (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW ! Great design and gorgeous colours :-)
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cleverly designed project. Looks fantastic. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

      Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. Back again, and again, such an amazing project and stunning colours. Very cleverly done.
      Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld. We hope to see you again.
      ~ Annette DT

      Delete
  8. Lovely interactive card! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card!!! I love how you created the pattern paper with the circle stamps!!! Great colours and design too!!! Thank you for joining the July challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card, I love shape and circles.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Danka DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous and fun card! The spinner is awesome! Thanks for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is SO COOL! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Mix It Up!
    Darlene
    Mix It Up
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am HORRIBLE at interactive cards like this but I LOVE THIS SO MUCH, the colors, the circles, it's fantastic!


    Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap!
    ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great
    Kinetic card love the colours too
    Thanks for joining us at craftdeebowz and good luck
    Tracey s

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular