Ornate Thank You Card - 3

Hello,

Here I am with the third and final card I made for another doctor. I've used the same stampset on all the three, and tried some different techniques. To have a look at the previous ones, check out the links below.


So for the 3rd one, I wanted to keep it simple. I stamped the Ornate Background stamp from Simon Says Stamp on white cardstock using Altenew Obsidian Black ink. I then die cut the word thanks from it using the Script Word 2 die set from Altenew. I colored the thanks die cut using Arteza real brush pens and added it back into the main panel. This is the inlaid diecutting technique. 


I was expecting a pop of color against the black and white but somehow it got lost. So I used the colored diecut as a shadow and added another black diecut thanks on top of it with a little offset. This made the colors peek through from behind the black. And I also added glossy accents for more dimension.

The sentiment is from Altenew's Needlework Motif stamp set, heat embossed in white on black cardstock. For the embellishment, I was looking for colorful enamel dots which I didn't have. So I took a couple of light colored enamel dots, colored over them using the real brush pens, and once dry, added a coat of glossy accents. There you go for matching colored enamel dots! How easy! :)


We all need this pop of color among the dull days, and I felt this card was perfect for it! 



Thank you for stopping by, hope you like my card! Do let me know your feedback! Have a nice day :)

Comments

  1. A great card for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! ...Thanks for joining in with the the challenge at https://polkadoodles.blogspot.com/ ...hugs Nelly dt x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design and your sentiment looks really effective!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s “Show & Share”! FABULOUS! Glad to see your lovely work. I appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So beautiful! I love your cards. Thank you for play with us at Gem of a Challenge blog. Good luck with your entry.

      Delete
  5. Another clever design, Karthikha! Love the bright coloured shadows behind the die cut! Thanks for joining us at HLS Dies Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous make, love the pops of colour

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Not Just Cards' this month. I hope to see you create with us again soon
    Stay safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Creative Crafters Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular